Xaira Documentation Page
Well, for the beginner, we can recommend:
The following technical documentation is available:
- Formal documentation of the Xairo (Xaira Object
Model) interface and the Xaira server is maintained along with the
release in the form of a Doxygen file distributed with it. You can
also browse A recent
HTML snapshot extracted from this file defines all objects and methods
which the server provides to a Xaira client.
- Indexing with Xaira
describes the intended behaviour of the indexer, in particular how it
interfaces with the TEI Header. Last updated November 2003.
- Information on how to localize the Windows client using the
XAIRA XRT tool is available from http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/rts/xaira/I18N/
- Networking a XAIRA corpus
gives simple instructions for sharing any XAIRA corpus across
a network using the Windows client.
Now superceded, but still on this site are the following:
- An informal introduction to XXQ outlines
the syntax of a proposed Xaira XML Query language. Last updated May
2006. Sadly, unimplemented.
- Reference Manual for the Windows
Client: alternative presentation of material now included in
the online helpfile: no longer maintained or reliable.
- draft tutorial on Partitions, which
is what Xara calls subcorpora
- An even older SARA introductory tutorial Guy and I wrote
which steps through many features which Xara has inherited from Sara
(and also, confusingly, some that it hasn't).
- The Sara Protocol version
1.06 documents the SARA protocol. Last updated June