Text-Criticism Work Group
Objectives and Deadlines
TEI TR2 P1
22 October 1990
Table of Contents
- Reformulate this list of objectives.
- Evaluate the existing recommendations of TEI P1
by encoding several small sample texts. The texts should demonstrate
the use of selective apparatus and at least one exhaustive collation
of a non-trivial (more than 10) number of variant states.
Report on the relative efficacy of the four methods proposed in
- Review current practice in the encoding of features commonly found
in critical editions other than apparatus and propose recommendations
consistent with the remainder of P1. Topics to be addressed should
include (but not be limited to) the following:
- editorial interventions
- dubious readings and cruxes
- historical-critical commentary
- glossarial notes
- parallel versions in other languages and scripts
- Respond to comments on the relevant portions of TEI P1
routed to this work group by the editors.
Work group reports to Committee for Text Representation. Head of the
work group is Robert Kraft. Two members of the work group are to be
named by the work group head with the concurrence of Stig Johansson; at
least one should be a European.
Funding is authorized for one meeting.
Reformulation of objectives is due 15 November 1990. Examples and
recommendations should be ready for public distribution by 28 February
1991; final recommendations should be ready by 30 April 1991.