OXCRI - integrated use of XCRI at Oxford University
The University's Computing Services, Careers Service, and Department of Continuing Education have created web services to share and aggregate information in a neutral XML format about their extensive program of courses for students and staff.
- Generated XCRI CAP from three different existing datasets
- Aggregated the information locally via a skills portal
- Reported on appropriateness of the schema for this type of data
- Experimented with using XCRI for internal management of course data
A more detailed report is available in report.xml.
- The OUCS course feed is documented at http://active.oucs.ox.ac.uk/oucs/courses/xcri/oxcap.php
- The Skills Portal feed is at http://www.skillsportal.ox.ac.uk/oxcri/cap.php
- The Continuing Education feed is at http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/oxcri/conted.xml
The three participating units joint developed PHP scripts and templates to produce XCRI CAP from their existing database systems storing course details. The XCRI CAP is delivered through standard web servers as REST services.