LTG Research projects
16. Listening For Impact
The Listening For Impact project, funded by the JISC under the Digitisation and e-Content programme, will engage in systematic analysis of the impact of University of Oxford podcasting activities, beyond simple download statistics, in order to answer the following important questions:
- What impact the collections have.
- What factors influence their impact
- What the audience is for this material
- If it is worth funding this service in the medium and long term
- How these collections can best be maintained
The current service tracks basic visitor numbers through log analysis and compiling user feedback but without an in-depth systematic analysis of where and how these visitors discover the materials. We will interpret this data using approaches from the TIDSR Toolkit and look at other techniques for gathering data and engaging users.