Home | Seminars |
Intro. to WWI Poetry | Principal Sources
A Note on Abbreviations
The abbreviations where used are consistent with those given on
p. xxvi of
Wilfred Owen: The Complete Poems and
Where there are references to material other than that cited in the
a similar scheme has been used.
- The Works of A. E. Houseman, (Wordsworth Poetry
- Six Poets of the Great War, ed. A. Barlow (CUP,
- The 1916 Battle of the Somme : a reappraisal, Peter
- 'What a lovely war!': British Soldiers' Songs, R.
- The Collected Poems of Wilfred Owen, ed. C. Day
Lewis (Chatto &
- Wilfred Owen: Collected Letters, ed. Harold Owen
and John Bell (OUP, 1967)
- Wilfred Owen: The Complete Poems and Fragments, ed.
(Chatto & Windus, The Hogarth Press and OUP,
- Volume I - The Poems
- Volume II - The manuscripts of the poems and
- Wilfred Owen / War Poems and others, ed. Dominic
Hibberd (Chatto &
- The Poems of Wilfred Owen, ed. Edmund Blunden
(Chatto & Windus,
- The Great War and Modern Memory, Paul Fussel (OUP, 1977)
- A Hope for Poetry, C. Day Lewis (Blackwell,
- 'The Lie About the War', Criterion Miscellany 9, J.
Douglas (Faber &
- The Last Sheaf: Essays, Edward Thomas (J. Cape,
- Poems of the First World War: 'Never Such
Innocence', ed. Martin
Stephen (Everyman, 1995)
- The Oxford Book of Modern Verse 1892-1935', ed.
W.B.Yeats (OUP, 1936)
- The Oxford Book of War Poetry, ed. Jon Stallworthy
- The Penguin Book of First World War Poetry, ed.
Jon Silkin (Penguin Books,
- The Price of Pity, Martin Stephen (Leo Cooper,
- The Works of Rupert Brooke, (Wordsworth Poetry
- Regeneration, Pat Barker (Penguin
- Tradition Transformed: Studies in the Poetry of Wilfred
S. Büchman (Lund, 1979))
- Scars Upon My Heart, ed. Catherine Reilly (Virago,
- Wilfred Owen: Selected Poetry and Prose, ed.
Jennifer Breen (Routledge
- Collected Poems 1908-1956, Siegfried Sassoon
(Faber and Faber,
- Siegfried Sassoon Diaries 1915-1918, ed. R Hart-
Davis (Faber and
- Wilfred Owen, Poems, with an Introduction by
(Chatto & Windus, 1920)
- Wilfred Owen, Jon Stallworthy (Chatto & Windus
- Wilfred Owen: The War Poems, ed. Jon Stallworthy
- The War Poets, Robert Giddings (Bloomsbury,
HTML Markup Paul Groves