Handling primary sources in TEI XML
35. Physical Description
An artificial (but helpful) grouping of many distinct items.
You can simply supply paragraphs of prose, covering such topics as
- <objectDesc>: the physical carrier
- <handDesc>: what is carried on it
- <musicNotation>, <decoDesc>, <additions>
- <bindingDesc> and <sealDesc>
- <accMat>: accompanying material
Or, group your discussion within the specific elements mentioned above.
Similarly, within the specific elements, you can supply paragraphs of prose, or further specific elements.
Up: Contents Previous: 34. <msContents> with multiple <msItem>s Next: 36. The carrier 1